Tuesday, May 19, 2009

theres no doubt ill be different...

*Bumpin* Kings of Leon - Use somebody

My dream is to go to school in BKNY and live the city girl life that goes with it; soon I will. I have built up all this excitement (like when you hit the first drop on a roller coaster) to the point where i feel sick as though im leaving VA the next day, when really, I have months. I believe that I don't know what my home is because the last three years of my life I have truly felt homeless. Not in the literal sense because I have everything I need and I am able get much more than I want. In my situation I feel malapropos more than anything. They say "home is where the heart is" but I really feel like I don't put my heart anywhere long enough to make a home. I know that my art is the only place where I include any sort of home-like memory. This time that's [art is] not what I mean though. Yesterday after watching that movie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a scene and quote stuck with me up until now which is 4:09 pm...almost an entire day later;

*DISCLAIMER* He walks to the front door of his home after years of no return, places his suitcase down opens the door and just stands while looking around, almost afraid to walk in; the narrator (Benjamin) speaks.

"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."
- Benjamin Button

I am TERRIFIED that when I leave I will never return hometo VA, because I will have changed so much. I hope that I'm still mina recognizable.

MinaLo; scared of the inevitable
ps: went to the movies to see Next Day Air, really stupid but funny.

1 comment:

chaRlie Bee said...

like that jadakiss jOint...WE GON MAKE IT, WE GON MAKE IT!!!

MINA LO, DO YOU REALIZE WHAT KIND OF INFLUENCE YOU ARE...DOUBT THAT U DO

BUT REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, AND YOU LOOKIN REAL FAMILIAR